Terms & Conditions
- These terms and conditions govern anaesthetic services and support at the Lindo Wing, as provided by the Lindo Anaesthesia LLP (the LLP).
- By registering to give birth at the Lindo Wing you agree to the provision of anaesthetic services by the LLP and to these terms and conditions.
- The fee payable for the LLP’s obstetric services is: £1,350 (the Fee). Please note that this payment is additional to, and invoiced separately to, any other charges for your obstetric and hospital care.
- Payment of the Fee must be made within four weeks of the date of the invoice, whether or not you have private medical insurance and/or are scheduled for Caesarean section. If for any reason you book late in your pregnancy, payment shall be on such shorter notice as determined by the LLP in its reasonable discretion. Payment of the Fee must be made before admission.
- The Fee includes a non-refundable amount of £675 for the provision of the LLP’s 24 hour anaesthetic cover. If you deliver without needing anaesthetic assistance, and do not have any other procedures or consultations (see clauses 6 and 7), you will be refunded the balance following discharge from the Lindo Wing. “Anaesthetic assistance” means: (a) any anaesthetic intervention in your care; or (b) if an anaesthetist is called into the hospital specifically on your behalf to provide you with onsite care, whether or not you receive any anaesthetic intervention or other treatment by the anaesthetist, i.e. you will not be entitled to a refund if the anaesthetist is called into the hospital specifically on your behalf.
- Additional charges will be made for some procedures not directly related to childbirth e.g. insertion of cervical sutures or surgical management of miscarriage. See website for further details. In such circumstances, you will receive an additional invoice (i.e. separate to your invoice for the Fee). Any such additional invoice is payable within four weeks of the date of invoice.
- All consultations are included within the Fee, but if you require consultation(s) before admission and then deliver without anaesthetic assistance, the LLP reserves the right to charge you up to £120 per such consultation. This may impact on the amount of refund you receive (see clause 5 above).
- Without prejudice to any other right or remedy that it may have, if you fail to pay any invoice on the due date, the LLP may
(a) charge interest on such sum from the due date for payment at the annual rate of 4% above the base rate from time to time of Barclays Bank Plc and you shall pay the interest immediately on demand; and
(b) suspend all its services until payment has been made in full.
- If you wish to submit an insurance claim, the LLP can provide you on request with a schedule of services received. Please note that most insurers will only cover a proportion of your fee, and you agree that you are responsible for any shortfall. You acknowledge and agree that the LLP is under no obligation to deal with insurers on your behalf.
These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the law of England and Wales.